Lately, our viewers asked us to share some WordPress market share information, use statistics, as well as study to assist persuade their employers on why they must utilize WordPress.
Even though WordPress is one of the most preferred website home builders on the planet, often appeal alone is inadequate for customers to compose their minds.
In this write-up, we have put together a supreme listing of WordPress use statistics, market share study, as well as various other information that will certainly assist you to persuade others to begin making use of WordPress.
The Fundamentals: What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open resource software application that permits customers to make an internet site. It is readily available for download as a free software application as well as can be set up on any kind of WordPress hosting firm.
It’s important not to perplex WordPress (the software application) with WordPress.com which is an organized option. To get more information, see the distinction between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org in our side-by-side contrast.
Everything began when 2 customers of a blog writing software application called b2/catalogue determined to take the software application into a brand-new instruction. The concept was created by Matt Mullenweg that was after signed up with Mark Little as well as with each other they launched the very first variation of WordPress on Might 27, 2003.
To get more information, see our write-up regarding the background of WordPress.
WordPress is a neighbourhood software application, as well as hundreds of customers from throughout the globe, have added to it by sending code, dealing with pests, equating, screening, as well as aiding others to utilize it.
Allow’s have a look at some WordPress statistics as well as realities to see just how WordPress is aiding individuals do excellent points on the net.
Exactly How Popular is WordPress?
WordPress is exceptionally preferred as well as is utilized by countless individuals throughout the globe. Right here are some numbers to place points in point of view.
- WordPress powers are greater than 43% of all internet sites on the net.
- It likewise holds virtually 65% of CMS market share. Nothing else web site home builder software application comes close.
- WordPress powers internet sites for heavyweight brand names consisting of Disney, Sony, Facebook, as well as a lot more.
- 38% of the leading 10,000 Web sites are powered by WordPress.
- Greater Than 22% of all brand-new domains in the USA are running WordPress.
- Daily greater than 1000 brand-new WordPress websites sign up with the leading 10 million internet sites tracked by W3Techs.com.
While these go over statistics, the only means to absolutely comprehend the appeal of WordPress is to take a look at its various other preferred web content monitoring systems.
For instance, Shopify is the 2nd preferred, however, it’s just 1/10th the dimension of WordPress given that it powers 4.4% of all websites vs WordPress 43.2%.
Wix invests 10s of millions in advertising and marketing, however, it just powers 1.9% of all internet sites. Implying WordPress is 22x a lot more preferred than Wix.
Various other preferred CMS all have under 2% market share each such as Squarespace (1.8%), Joomla (1.7%), Drupal (1.3%), Blog Owner (1%), as well as Magento at simply 0.6%.
When it involves appeal, there’s no contrast to WordPress. According to the user data, WordPress market share is 3x bigger than the use of various other 9 preferred website contractors as well as blogging systems incorporated.
The greatest factor behind WordPress’ appeal is its big plugin & expansions ecological community.
Plugins resemble applications for your WordPress website. You can mount them to include brand-new functions to your website as well as prolong its capability. To get more information, see our overview on what are WordPress plugins as well as just how do they function?.
Right here are some astonishing realities regarding WordPress plugins, which reveal simply exactly how substantial the WordPress ecological community is.
- There are greater than 59,000 complimentary WordPress plugins on the WordPress.org plugin directory site alone.
- 9 of those plugins are set up on 5 million+ internet sites.
- 61 leading WordPress plugins are set up on greater than 1 million internet sites.
- One of the most preferred eCommerce plugins, WooCommerce is set up on greater than 5 million internet sites based on the WordPress plugin directory site given that it reveals all matter over that as 5 million +. According to W3Techs, WooCommerce market share is 8.8% of all internet sites making it a lot more preferred than Shopify for internet shops as well as eCommerce websites.
- The preferred WordPress type plugin, WPForms, is likewise set up on greater than 5 million internet sites. According to Builtwith, it’s utilized by over 1.6% of the leading 1 million internet sites. It’s the fastest expanding type of home builder on the whole net.
Our plugins statistics are from the main WordPress.org plugin directory site alone. Lots of plugin designers market costs variations of their plugins from their very own internet sites.
With a healthy and balanced plugins ecological community, it suggests that you can include the personalized capability to your website at a portion of the price of personalized growth.
There are complimentary WordPress plugins readily available for nearly every sort of website capability consisting of call kinds, marketing subscriptions, touchdown web page home builder, SEO optimization, as well as a lot more.
Motifs regulate the look of a WordPress website. These are WordPress details website layout themes that you can set up on your website to transform its appearance.
There are hundreds of complimentary as well as paid WordPress motifs readily available offering WordPress customers a limitless mix of layout, design, colour design, as well as functions.
- Motifs were initially presented with WordPress 1.5 back in 2005, with the very first brand-new default WordPress style called Kubrick
- Much like plugins, there are both complimentary as well as paid WordPress motifs that you can set up.
- WordPress.org’s complimentary style directory site has greater than 9,100 complimentary WordPress motifs.
- According to Builtwith, Divi by Elegant Themes is one of the most preferred styles utilized by 6% of internet sites evaluated by their solution.
- Hundreds of motifs are offered by business WordPress style stores with an ordinary rate of $40 per style.
WordPress is a self-hosted website structure software application. To put it simply, you require to have a Webhosting service provider develop an internet site with WordPress.
As A Result Of its appeal, lots of organizing firms have included specialized WordPress hosting solutions to make it less complicated for small company proprietors to get going with WordPress.
Right Here are some preferred WordPress hosting firms based on market share:
- Newfield Digital Team (4.9%) – this is an organizing empire that consists of brand names like Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com, as well as a lot more.
- GoDaddy Team (4.2%) – this consists of brand names like GoDaddy, Media Holy Place, Pagely, as well as much more.
- WP Engine (2.3%) – among the leading taken care of WordPress hosting firms in the world.
- SiteGround (2.0%) – a costs WordPress hosting firm that customers like as a result of their excellent assistance. We utilize SiteGround to host the WPBeginner website.
- Hosting (1.2%) – an economical WordPress hosting firm that’s expanding in global markets because of its economical host costs.
The information over is from W3Techs record as well as leaves out various other systems like Amazon.com (AWS), Google Cloud, NameCheap, Automattic, as well as others. Our listing over is a rep of the viewer's surveys on WPBeginner for the preferred host.
WordPress Safety And Security
WordPress is one of the most frequently utilized CMS software applications on the planet, which likewise makes it a usual target of hacking efforts, DDOS assaults, malware, as well as trojans.
- According to Sucuri, a leading website safety firm, 83% of all CMS-based internet sites that were hacked in 2017 were running WordPress. This number isn’t shocking thinking that WordPress holds 65% of the CMS market share.
- Sucuri likewise reported that 39% of hacked WordPress internet sites were making use of an obsoleted variation of the software application. That’s why you must constantly utilize the current variation of WordPress on your website.
- Almost 50% of WordPress websites are influenced by a protection susceptibility brought on by an out-of-date or badly coded WordPress plugin or style
- Around 8% of WordPress websites were hacked because of a weak password.
You can make your WordPress website as protected as feasible by complying with some fundamental safety finest methods. To get more information, see our full WordPress safety overview for detailed directions.
Commonly the statistics over reason WordPress to obtain a negative online reputation, however, the truth is that WordPress itself is not unconfident. WordPress core undergoes extensive safety audits, as well as it’s even more protected than lots of various other systems around.
The only mistake WordPress has is that it’s preferred which results in statistics like the above.
WordPress has a substantial individual base spread throughout the globe. It is utilized not simply as services, but likewise federal governments, institutions as well as universities, non-profits, as well as a lot more.
As an open resource job, WordPress is driven by a worldwide neighbourhood of customers. This suggests that any individual can add to the job in various means.
- WordPress translation neighbourhood has it converted right into 56 languages, partly converted in loads a lot more.
- In 2017, WordPress areas all over the world arranged 128 WordCamp occasions, in 48 nations, as well as offered 39,625 tickets.
- In 2017, Regional WordPress areas arranged 4,379 meetups in 73 nations
- There are loads of WordPress teams on Facebook, with WPBeginner Engage being the biggest WordPress Facebook team with over 81,500 participants.
If you wish to add to WordPress after that see our overview on just how to obtain entailed with WordPress job.
The WordPress Economic Situation
WordPress has a flourishing multi-billion buck ecological community that develops hundreds of tasks throughout the globe. This likewise consists of consultants, designers, as well as firms that market WordPress associated products or services.
- At the time of creating this write-up, the freelancer.com website alone had 680,743 WordPress tasks uploaded out of these 700 were open.
- Hundreds of WordPress tasks are presently open on lots of preferred freelancing internet sites. You can constantly go to our Jobs web page to locate WordPress tasks.
- Typical per hour price for WordPress designers can be anywhere between $20-$100 per hr depending upon their experience as well as work handy.
- A personalized WordPress style with its very own special layout, as well as plugins, can set you back $10,000 as well as it might boost depending upon the job’s needs.
- There are thousands of tiny as well as big services, companies, as well as designers marketing WordPress associated items. See our listing of the most significant WordPress services as well as firms as well as what they do.
We wish this write-up aided you to find some brand-new WordPress statistics, realities, as well as intriguing studies. You might likewise wish to see our write-up on the finest domain name registrar as well as the finest company phone company for small companies.
The blog post-WordPress Market Share: Use Statistics, Realities, & Research Study (2022) initially showed up on WPBeginner.